- NIBEN Hall (old hall) is built
- NIBEN sets up a legal counseling center inside the NIBEN Hall
- NIBEN sets up Arbitration Center
NIBEN sets up ADR Center ahead of other bar associations countrywide.
- NIBEN establishes website "Himawari Page"
NIBEN established its website ahead of other bar associations countrywide.
- NIBEN establishes a center for management of property owned by the elderly (currently Comprehensive Support Center for the Elderly and the Disabled "Yutoriina") ahead of other bar associations countrywide.
- NIBEN inaugurates Tama Branch and establishes Yotsuya Legal Counseling Center
- NIBEN opens an urban-based publicly-run counseling office in Shinjuku.NIBEN establishes Tokyo Frontier Fund Legal Office.
- NIBEN obligates its member attorneys to continue training ahead of all bar associations countrywide.
- NIBEN opens Tachikawa Legal Counseling Center.
- NIBEN establishes Daini Tokyo Bar Association Civic Forum.
NIBEN sets up a forum for exchange of opinions to reflect people's voices in the management of its bar association.
- NIBEN obligates its member attorneys to perform public interest activities.
- NIBEN abolishes its compensation regulations Attorney fees were liberalized.
- NIBEN establishes Bar Association Legal Counseling Center (Yotsuya Legal Counseling Center)
- NIBEN sets up Center for Promotion of the Lay Judge System.
NIBEN began in earnest preparations for the lay judge system due to start in May 2009.
- NIBEN formulates gender equality programs.
- NIBEN establishes an attorney referral center.
NIBEN sets up a center aimed at actively recommending/referring to business attorneys specializing in particular areas.
- NIBEN declares KES environmental management.
As a bar association NIBEN declares it will make best efforts for environmental improvement.
- Tama branch of the Tokyo-based Three Bar Associations was relocated to Tachikawa.
- NIBEN creates "general structural reform project team"
The team is engaged in a wide-ranging study of issues related to the number of legal professionals and other matters.
- NIBEN enters into a financial ADR agreement
- Three Tokyo-based Bar Associations set up Post-East Japan Great Earthquake Reconstruction Headquarters
- NIBEN conducts free legal counseling to provide relief to the victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake
- Human Rights Fund starts operating
- Hanasaki Kinenkan is inaugurated